2015 1-Frame Team Competition Rules & Regulations
- A Team shall consist of any five (5) individuals. These individuals may share membership in a stamp club, a philatelic society or fraternity, or join together solely for this competition.
- An individual may NOT be part of more than one team. An individual may enter one and only one exhibit in the 1-Frame Team Competition.
- A team entry consists of five (5) 1-frame exhibits. Each exhibit must be the bone fide property of one and only one team member.
- Team exhibits must be from these Types: Traditional, Postal History, Postal Stationery, Thematic, Display, Revenue, Aerophilately, Astrophilately, Illustrated Mail, Cinderella/Poster/Promotional, or Picture Postcards.
- Team exhibits must be entered in the AmeriStamp Expo Single-Frame open competition. (See show prospectus for application procedures, as well as show rules & regulations.)
- Exhibits entered in the Single-Frame Championship competition are not eligible. Note: AmeriStamp rules state that an exhibit that is eligible for the Single-Frame Championship class is NOT eligible for the Single-Frame open competition. Additionally, exhibits that win a Grand at any WSP or Canadian National exhibition between the end of 2014 and AmeriStamp Expo 2015 are also not eligible for the Single-Frame open competition (and therefore not eligible for the 1-Frame Team Competition).
- Exhibits will be evaluated by the jury with the following points assigned for each medal level: Gold = 100, Vermeil = 90, Silver = 80, Silver-Bronze = 70, Bronze = 60, and Certificate = 50.
- Teams will earn a 10-point bonus for each �new� exhibit - never shown at the national or international level (minimum = 0; maximum =50). Exhibits previously shown at local/regional shows are acceptable as �new� exhibit.
- Teams will earn a 10-point bonus for each separate Type of exhibit represented). (minimum = 0; maximum = 50).
- Teams will earn a 10-point bonus for each Youth exhibit (as defined in the AmeriStamp Expo prospectus). Teams will earn a 10-point bonus for each Novice exhibit (as defined by the rules for the AAPE Novice award).
- Teams earn 10 bonus points for each special award, including 1-Frame Reserve Grand Award(s). A bonus of 20 points is earned by the exhibit winning the 1-Frame Grand Award. A bonus of 10 points is earned by the exhibit winning the 1-Frame Youth Grand Award. Only awards presented at the banquet are eligible. Only one (1) special award sponsored by or presented by any given society or organization may count towards a team�s total score, with the exception of awards sponsored by the American Philatelic Society or the American Association of Philatelic Exhibitors. All awards by APS and AAPE will count towards a team total score.
- The team score is the total of the scores of its five entries plus any bonus points earned. The team with the highest aggregate score will be the winners.
- Ties will be broken by 1) the number of new exhibits, 2) the number of different types 3) the number of Gold awards, 4) the number of Vermeil, 5) the number of Silver, 6) the number of Silver-Bronze, 7) the number of Bronze, and 8) the number of special awards.
- Each member of the winning team will receive an award. (Other awards may also be available to the 1-Frame Team competition.)
- Exhibits entered in the 1-Frame Team competition are eligible for all applicable awards at AmeriStamp Expo (as set forth in the show prospectus).
- Participants in the 1-Frame Team competition may enter other exhibits at AmeriStamp Expo (as set forth in the show prospectus).
- There is no additional fee for participating in the 1-Frame Team competition at AmeriStamp Expo.
- Teams must register with the 1-Frame Team competition coordinator by providing a list of the team members, their exhibit titles, whether the exhibit is "new", whether the exhibitor is a youth or/and a novice and the exhibits� Types. Forms are available from the Coordinator: Sandeep Jaiswal PO Box 8689 Cranston, RI 02920 or email@example.com and from the web site of the AAPE: AMERISTAMP EXPO 2015 1 Frame Competition Registration Form
The deadline for Team Registration is November 20th 2014. If you have any question/s or need additional information please contact Sandeep Jaiswal by phone at 401-688-9473 or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org